Here are a few ways in which you can prepare for the season of Advent:
- Keep a journal.
- Create an Advent collage with images of ‘preparation’.
- Find your favourite Carols. During Advent, read or sing [sadly, alone] or listen online to a carol each day or week and seek out its message for you.
- Listen to Brian Draper: https://www.briandraper.org/
The theme of his Advent 2020 series is:
“A thrill of hope,
the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks,
a new and glorious morn…”
- Choose a Psalm to accompany your Advent journey. Select a pre-loved Psalm or, in no particular order: Psalm 96, 139, 92, 84, 90, 69, 67, 57, 4, 5, 23, 27, 19, 22… read very slowly and savour the words and/or read aloud/record yourself and listen.
- Join the ‘Days of Prayer’ Zoom Gatherings on Friday 11th December at 10am, 4pm, or 8pm [email office for details]
- Light a candle once, or twice, a day and wait, in quietness of spirit, for an amount of time you chose.
- Choose one of God’s names or Jesus’ names or the name of the Holy Spirit and repeat it over and over; draw it, colour, it, paint it, write it, imagine it in solid form, consider its qualities…
- Read the birth narratives from Luke and Matthew’s Gospels but look for something you have not noticed before and ask why…