A Prayer Walk takes place on the 1st Thursday of each month, starting at 9.30am at All Saints’, Botley lasting approximately 30 – 45 minutes with refreshments afterwards. All welcome.
What is Prayer Walking?
A prayer walk is a way to bless others around you, covering them in prayer. It will also bring you a greater awareness of those in your neighbourhood and those in need.
Ideas for prayer
Light a candle before leaving and pray for Holy Spirit to lead the walk.
- If you see a bench in the front yard, pray for those who will sit upon it.
- If you see bicycles, pray for the safety of their riders.
- Pray that the members of the household may know Christ and may come to know trust and rely on his guidance for their lives.
- Pray for health and safety.
- Pray for the raising of children and grandchildren.
- Choose a scripture and pray it as you walk.
Walk around your neighbourhood praying for every household and every neighbour.
- If you see signs of children in the house, pray for those children to grow up knowing God. Pray for the parents to have wisdom and patience in their job of parenting.
- If you see signs of teenagers in the house, pray for safety as they begin to stretch their wings. Pray they will find a sure path and stay well-grounded as they grow and leave the house.
- If you see a ‘For Sale’ sign, pray for a smooth transition and move for the family and for the new neighbours who will move in.
- Pray for local new developments and all who move into the area.
Prayer walk around the school
- Pray for Joe, Sally and Kirstie, the Teachers, Support Assistants and Staff, the Administrators, Governors and for all Parents and Children.
Prayer walk around your church
- Thank God for everyone who has come through the doors and pray for their joys and sorrows. Pray for everyone coming for worship this week.
- Pray for God to speak into their hearts, to heal what’s broken and comfort what ails.
- Pray that they would be changed in this place.
Pray as you walk around your office, work place, school or home
- Pray over each desk/work space/classroom/kettle when you take a break.
- Pray for God’s love and healing touch to reach each person.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for good decisions between colleagues, friends and family.
After praying in each prayer space close with:
Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your Will be done on Earth as in Heaven. Give us today our daily bread and forgive us our sin as we forgive those who sin against us. Do not bring us to the time of trial but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Pray, when you return home, that God will bless the walk, the people and places prayed for and that God’s Kingdom will come in all of Creation.